Synonyms of lurid
- 1. lurid, violent (vs. nonviolent)
- usage: horrible in fierceness or savagery; "lurid crimes"; "a lurid life"
- 2. lurid, shocking, sensational (vs. unsensational)
- usage: glaringly vivid and graphic; marked by sensationalism; "lurid details of the accident"
- 3. lurid, bright (vs. dull)
- usage: shining with an unnatural red glow as of fire seen through smoke; "a lurid sunset"; "lurid flames"
- 4. lurid, colorless (vs. colorful), colourless
- usage: ghastly pale; "moonlight gave the statue a lurid luminence"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of lurid (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.