- 1. lumbering, trade, craft
- usage: the trade of cutting or preparing or selling timber
- 1. lumber, pound, walk
- usage: move heavily or clumsily; "The heavy man lumbered across the room"
- 2. log, lumber, fell, drop, strike down, cut down
- usage: cut lumber, as in woods and forests
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. heavy, lumbering, ponderous, heavy-footed (vs. light-footed)
- usage: slow and laborious because of weight; "the heavy tread of tired troops"; "moved with a lumbering sag-bellied trot"; "ponderous prehistoric beasts"; "a ponderous yawn"
All rights reserved.
See also: lumbering (Dictionary)