WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. loyal (vs. disloyal), allegiant, doglike, hard-core, hardcore, leal, liege, true-blue, patriotic#1, loyal
- usage: steadfast in allegiance or duty; "loyal subjects"; "loyal friends stood by him"
- 2. patriotic (vs. unpatriotic), loyal, chauvinistic, flag-waving(prenominal), jingoistic, nationalistic, ultranationalistic, superpatriotic, loyal
- usage: inspired by love for your country
- 3. firm, loyal, truehearted, fast(prenominal), faithful (vs. unfaithful)
- usage: unwavering in devotion to friend or vow or cause; "a firm ally"; "loyal supporters"; "the true-hearted soldier...of Tippecanoe"- Campaign song for William Henry Harrison; "fast friends"
All rights reserved.
See also: loyal (Dictionary)