Synonyms of lowering
- 1. lowering, decrease, diminution, reduction, step-down
- usage: the act of causing to become less
- 2. lowering, letting down, movement
- usage: the act of causing something to move to a lower level
- 1. lower, take down, let down, get down, bring down, move, displace
- usage: move something or somebody to a lower position; "take down the vase from the shelf"
- 2. lower, lour, devalue
- usage: set lower; "lower a rating"; "lower expectations"
- 3. turn down, lower, lour, decrease, lessen, minify
- usage: make lower or quieter; "turn down the volume of a radio"
- 4. lower, depress, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to drop or sink; "The lack of rain had depressed the water level in the reservoir"
- 5. frown, glower, lour, lower, grimace, make a face, pull a face
- usage: look angry or sullen, wrinkle one's forehead, as if to signal disapproval
- 1. heavy, lowering, sullen, threatening, cloudy (vs. clear)
- usage: darkened by clouds; "a heavy sky"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of lowering (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.