- 1. loom, textile machine
- usage: a textile machine for weaving yarn into a textile
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. loom, look, appear, seem
- usage: come into view indistinctly, often threateningly; "Another air plane loomed into the sky"
- 2. loom, tower, predominate, hulk, rise, lift, rear
- usage: appear very large or occupy a commanding position; "The huge sculpture predominates over the fountain"; "Large shadows loomed on the canyon wall"
- 3. brood, hover, loom, bulk large, hang
- usage: hang over, as of something threatening, dark, or menacing; "The terrible vision brooded over her all day long"
- 4. loom, weave, tissue
- usage: weave on a loom; "materials loomed in Egypt"
All rights reserved.
See also: loom (Dictionary)