- 1. expression, look, aspect, facial expression, face, countenance, visage
- usage: the feelings expressed on a person's face; "a sad expression"; "a look of triumph"; "an angry face"
- 2. look, looking, looking at, sensing, perception
- usage: the act of directing the eyes toward something and perceiving it visually; "he went out to have a look"; "his look was fixed on her eyes"; "he gave it a good looking at"; "his camera does his looking for him"
- 3. look, appearance, visual aspect
- usage: physical appearance; "I don't like the looks of this place"
- 4. spirit, tone, feel, feeling, flavor, flavour, look, smell, atmosphere, ambiance, ambience
- usage: the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people; "the feel of the city excited him"; "a clergyman improved the tone of the meeting"; "it had the smell of treason"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. look
- usage: perceive with attention; direct one's gaze towards; "She looked over the expanse of land"; "Look at your child!"; "Look--a deer in the backyard!"
- 2. look, appear, seem, be
- usage: give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect; "She seems to be sleeping"; "This appears to be a very difficult problem"; "This project looks fishy"; "They appeared like people who had not eaten or slept for a long time"
- 3. look, be
- usage: have a certain outward or facial expression; "How does she look?"; "The child looks unhappy"; "She looked pale after the surgery"
- 4. search, look, examine, see
- usage: search or seek; "We looked all day and finally found the child in the forest"; "Look elsewhere for the perfect gift!"
- 5. front, look, face, lie
- usage: be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to; "The house looks north"; "My backyard look onto the pond"; "The building faces the park"
- 6. attend, take care, look, see, care, give care
- usage: take charge of or deal with; "Could you see about lunch?"; "I must attend to this matter"; "She took care of this business"
- 7. look, convey
- usage: convey by one's expression; "She looked her devotion to me"
- 8. expect, look, await, wait
- usage: look forward to the probable occurrence of; "We were expecting a visit from our relatives"; "She is looking to a promotion"; "he is waiting to be drafted"
- 9. look, match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
- usage: accord in appearance with; "You don't look your age!"
- 10. count, bet, depend, look, calculate, reckon, trust, swear, rely, bank
- usage: have faith or confidence in; "you can count on me to help you any time"; "Look to your friends for support"; "You can bet on that!"; "Depend on your family in times of crisis"
All rights reserved.
See also: look (Dictionary)