Synonyms of lone
- 1. alone(predicate), lone(prenominal), lonely(prenominal), solitary, unaccompanied (vs. accompanied)
- usage: lacking companions or companionship; "he was alone when we met him"; "she is alone much of the time"; "the lone skier on the mountain"; "a lonely fisherman stood on a tuft of gravel"; "a lonely soul"; "a solitary traveler"
- 2. lone(prenominal), lonely(prenominal), solitary, unsocial (vs. social)
- usage: characterized by or preferring solitude; "a lone wolf"; "a lonely existence"; "a man of a solitary disposition"; "a solitary walk"
- 3. lone(prenominal), lonesome(prenominal), only(prenominal), sole(prenominal), solitary(prenominal), single (vs. multiple)
- usage: being the only one; single and isolated from others; "the lone doctor in the entire county"; "a lonesome pine"; "an only child"; "the sole heir"; "the sole example"; "a solitary instance of cowardice"; "a solitary speck in the sky"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of lone (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.