- 1. housing, lodging, living accommodations, structure, construction
- usage: structures collectively in which people are housed
- 2. lodgment, lodgement, lodging, fastness, fixedness, fixity, fixture, secureness
- usage: the state or quality of being lodged or fixed even temporarily; "the lodgment of the balloon in the tree"
- 3. lodging, residency, residence, abidance
- usage: the act of lodging
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lodge, populate, dwell, live, inhabit
- usage: be a lodger; stay temporarily; "Where are you lodging in Paris?"
- 2. lodge, wedge, stick, deposit, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: put, fix, force, or implant; "lodge a bullet in the table"; "stick your thumb in the crack"
- 3. charge, lodge, file, accuse, impeach, incriminate, criminate
- usage: file a formal charge against; "The suspect was charged with murdering his wife"
- 4. lodge, accommodate, house, put up, domiciliate
- usage: provide housing for; "We are lodging three foreign students this semester"
All rights reserved.
See also: lodging (Dictionary)