Synonyms of locating
- 1. placement, location, locating, position, positioning, emplacement, activity
- usage: the act of putting something in a certain place
- 2. localization, localisation, location, locating, fix, determination, finding
- usage: a determination of the place where something is; "he got a good fix on the target"
- 1. locate, turn up, find, regain
- usage: discover the location of; determine the place of; find by searching or examining; "Can you locate your cousins in the Midwest?"; "My search turned up nothing"
- 2. situate, locate, determine, find, find out, ascertain
- usage: determine or indicate the place, site, or limits of, as if by an instrument or by a survey; "Our sense of sight enables us to locate objects in space"; "Locate the boundaries of the property"
- 3. locate, place, site, station, post, send, place
- usage: assign a location to; "The company located some of their agents in Los Angeles"
- 4. settle, locate
- usage: take up residence and become established; "The immigrants settled in the Midwest"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.