- 1. local, public transport
- usage: public transport consisting of a bus or train that stops at all stations or stops; "the local seemed to take forever to get to New York"
- 2. local anesthetic, local anaesthetic, local, topical anesthetic, topical anaesthetic, anesthetic, anaesthetic, anesthetic agent, anaesthetic agent
- usage: anesthetic that numbs a particular area of the body
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. local (vs. national)
- usage: relating to or applicable to or concerned with the administration of a city or town or district rather than a larger area; "local taxes"; "local authorities"
- 2. local
- usage: of or belonging to or characteristic of a particular locality or neighborhood; "local customs"; "local schools"; "the local citizens"; "a local point of view"; "local outbreaks of flu"; "a local bus line"
- 3. local (vs. general), localized, localised, topical
- usage: affecting only a restricted part or area of the body; "local anesthesia"
All rights reserved.
See also: local (Dictionary)