- 1. loaf of bread, loaf, bread, breadstuff, staff of life
- usage: a shaped mass of baked bread that is usually sliced before eating
- 2. loaf, food, solid food
- usage: a quantity of food (other than bread) formed in a particular shape; "meat loaf"; "sugar loaf"; "a loaf of cheese"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bum, bum around, bum about, arse around, arse about, fuck off, loaf, frig around, waste one's time, lounge around, loll, loll around, lounge about, idle, laze, slug, stagnate
- usage: be lazy or idle; "Her son is just bumming around all day"
- 2. loiter, lounge, footle, lollygag, loaf, lallygag, hang around, mess about, tarry, linger, lurk, mill about, mill around, be
- usage: be about; "The high school students like to loiter in the Central Square"; "Who is this man that is hanging around the department?"
All rights reserved.
See also: loaf (Dictionary)