WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ashen, blanched, bloodless, livid, white, colorless (vs. colorful), colourless
- usage: anemic looking from illness or emotion; "a face turned ashen"; "the invalid's blanched cheeks"; "tried to speak with bloodless lips"; "a face livid with shock"; "lips...livid with the hue of death"- Mary W. Shelley; "lips white with terror"; "a face white with rage"
- 2. livid, light (vs. dark)
- usage: (of a light) imparting a deathlike luminosity; "livid lightning streaked the sky"; "a thousand flambeaux...turned all at once that deep gloom into a livid and preternatural day"- E.A.Poe
- 3. livid, angry (vs. unangry)
- usage: furiously angry; "willful stupidity makes him absolutely livid"
- 4. black-and-blue, livid, injured (vs. uninjured)
- usage: discolored by coagulation of blood beneath the skin; "beaten black and blue"; "livid bruises"
All rights reserved.
See also: livid (Dictionary)