Synonyms of lived
- 1. populate, dwell, live, inhabit, be
- usage: inhabit or live in; be an inhabitant of; "People lived in Africa millions of years ago"; "The people inhabited the islands that are now deserted"; "this kind of fish dwells near the bottom of the ocean"; "deer are populating the woods"
- 2. live
- usage: lead a certain kind of life; live in a certain style; "we had to live frugally after the war"
- 3. survive, last, live, live on, go, endure, hold up, hold out
- usage: continue to live through hardship or adversity; "We went without water and food for 3 days"; "These superstitions survive in the backwaters of America"; "The race car driver lived through several very serious accidents"; "how long can a person last without food and water?"
- 4. exist, survive, live, subsist
- usage: support oneself; "he could barely exist on such a low wage"; "Can you live on $2000 a month in New York City?"; "Many people in the world have to subsist on $1 a day"
- 5. be, live
- usage: have life, be alive; "Our great leader is no more"; "My grandfather lived until the end of war"
- 6. know, experience, live, experience, see, go through
- usage: have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations; "I know the feeling!"; "have you ever known hunger?"; "I have lived a kind of hell when I was a drug addict"; "The holocaust survivors have lived a nightmare"; "I lived through two divorces"
- 7. live
- usage: pursue a positive and satisfying existence; "You must accept yourself and others if you really want to live"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of lived (Dictionary)