WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. literature, writing, written material, piece of writing
- usage: creative writing of recognized artistic value
- 2. literature, lit, literary study
- usage: the humanistic study of a body of literature; "he took a course in Russian lit"
- 3. literature, writing, written material, piece of writing
- usage: published writings in a particular style on a particular subject; "the technical literature"; "one aspect of Waterloo has not yet been treated in the literature"
- 4. literature, profession
- usage: the profession or art of a writer; "her place in literature is secure"
All rights reserved.
See also: literature (Dictionary)