WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lip, external body part, articulator
- usage: either of two fleshy folds of tissue that surround the mouth and play a role in speaking
- 2. lip, plant part, plant structure
- usage: (botany) either of the two parts of a bilabiate corolla or calyx
- 3. sass, sassing, backtalk, back talk, lip, mouth, rejoinder, retort, return, riposte, replication, comeback, counter
- usage: an impudent or insolent rejoinder; "don't give me any of your sass"
- 4. brim, rim, lip, edge
- usage: the top edge of a vessel or other container
- 5. lip, margin, border, perimeter
- usage: either the outer margin or the inner margin of the aperture of a gastropod's shell
All rights reserved.
See also: lip (Dictionary)