Synonyms of lining
- 1. lining, liner, protective covering, protective cover, protection
- usage: a protective covering that protects an inside surface
- 2. liner, lining, piece of cloth, piece of material
- usage: a piece of cloth that is used as the inside surface of a garment
- 3. lining, facing, application, coating, covering
- usage: providing something with a surface of a different material
- 4. lining, insulation
- usage: the act of attaching an inside lining (to a garment or curtain etc.)
- 1. line, run along, lie
- usage: be in line with; form a line along; "trees line the riverbank"
- 2. line, cover
- usage: cover the interior of; "line the gloves"; "line a chimney"
- 3. trace, draw, line, describe, delineate, mark
- usage: make a mark or lines on a surface; "draw a line"; "trace the outline of a figure in the sand"
- 4. line, score, nock, mark
- usage: mark with lines; "sorrow had lined his face"
- 5. line, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: fill plentifully; "line one's pockets"
- 6. line, reinforce, reenforce
- usage: reinforce with fabric; "lined books are more enduring"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of lining (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.