WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. linger, persist, remain, stay
- usage: remain present although waning or gradually dying; "Her perfume lingered on"
- 2. loiter, lounge, footle, lollygag, loaf, lallygag, hang around, mess about, tarry, linger, lurk, mill about, mill around, be
- usage: be about; "The high school students like to loiter in the Central Square"; "Who is this man that is hanging around the department?"
- 3. tarry, linger, leave, go forth, go away
- usage: leave slowly and hesitantly
- 4. linger, dawdle, move
- usage: take one's time; proceed slowly
- 5. hover, linger, hesitate, waver, waffle
- usage: move to and fro; "The shy student lingered in the corner"
All rights reserved.
See also: linger (Dictionary)