WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ling, ling ko, Trapa bicornis, water chestnut, water chestnut plant, caltrop
- usage: water chestnut whose spiny fruit has two rather than 4 prongs
- 2. heather, ling, Scots heather, broom, Calluna vulgaris, heath
- usage: common Old World heath represented by many varieties; low evergreen grown widely in the northern hemisphere
- 3. ling, Molva molva, gadoid, gadoid fish
- usage: elongated marine food fish of Greenland and northern Europe; often salted and dried
- 4. ling, hake
- usage: American hakes
- 5. burbot, eelpout, ling, cusk, Lota lota, cod, codfish
- usage: elongate freshwater cod of northern Europe and Asia and North America having barbels around its mouth
All rights reserved.
See also: ling (Dictionary)