WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lineman, football player, footballer
- usage: one of the players on the line of scrimmage
- 2. lineman, surveyor
- usage: the surveyor who marks positions with a range pole
- 3. electrician, lineman, linesman, skilled worker, trained worker, skilled workman
- usage: a person who installs or repairs electrical or telephone lines
- 4. lineman, position
- usage: (American football) the position of a player on a football team who is stationed on the line of scrimmage
All rights reserved.
See also: lineman (Dictionary)