Synonyms of limiting
- 1. modification, qualifying, limiting, grammatical relation
- usage: the grammatical relation that exists when a word qualifies the meaning of the phrase
- 1. restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle, control, hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate
- usage: place limits on (extent or access); "restrict the use of this parking lot"; "limit the time you can spend with your friends"
- 2. limit, circumscribe, confine, decrease, lessen, minify
- usage: restrict or confine, "I limit you to two visits to the pub a day"
- 3. specify, set, determine, define, fix, limit, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: decide upon or fix definitely; "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"
- 1. confining, constraining, constrictive, limiting, restricting, restrictive (vs. unrestrictive)
- usage: restricting the scope or freedom of action
- 2. limiting, restrictive (vs. unrestrictive)
- usage: strictly limiting the reference of a modified word or phrase; "the restrictive clause in `Each made a list of the books that had influenced him' limits the books on the list to only those particular ones defined by the clause"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of limiting (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.