WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. restriction, limitation, rule, regulation
- usage: a principle that limits the extent of something; "I am willing to accept certain restrictions on my movements"
- 2. limitation, disadvantage
- usage: the quality of being limited or restricted; "it is a good plan but it has serious limitations"
- 3. limit, limitation, indefinite quantity
- usage: the greatest amount of something that is possible or allowed; "there are limits on the amount you can bet"; "it is growing rapidly with no limitation in sight"
- 4. limitation, time limit
- usage: (law) a time period after which suits cannot be brought; "statute of limitations"
- 5. limitation, restriction, regulation, regulating
- usage: an act of limiting or restricting (as by regulation)
All rights reserved.
See also: limitation (Dictionary)