- 1. limit, bound, boundary, extent
- usage: the greatest possible degree of something; "what he did was beyond the bounds of acceptable behavior"; "to the limit of his ability"
- 2. terminus ad quem, terminal point, limit, end, ending
- usage: final or latest limiting point
- 3. limit, extremity
- usage: as far as something can go
- 4. limit, demarcation, demarcation line, boundary, bound, bounds
- usage: the boundary of a specific area
- 5. limit, limit point, point of accumulation, indefinite quantity
- usage: the mathematical value toward which a function goes as the independent variable approaches infinity
- 6. limit, limitation, indefinite quantity
- usage: the greatest amount of something that is possible or allowed; "there are limits on the amount you can bet"; "it is growing rapidly with no limitation in sight"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle, control, hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate
- usage: place limits on (extent or access); "restrict the use of this parking lot"; "limit the time you can spend with your friends"
- 2. limit, circumscribe, confine, decrease, lessen, minify
- usage: restrict or confine, "I limit you to two visits to the pub a day"
- 3. specify, set, determine, define, fix, limit, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: decide upon or fix definitely; "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"
All rights reserved.
See also: limit (Dictionary)