- 1. calcium hydroxide, lime, slaked lime, hydrated lime, calcium hydrate, caustic lime, lime hydrate, hydroxide, hydrated oxide
- usage: a caustic substance produced by heating limestone
- 2. calcium oxide, quicklime, lime, calx, calcined lime, fluxing lime, unslaked lime, burnt lime, oxide
- usage: a white crystalline oxide used in the production of calcium hydroxide
- 3. birdlime, lime, adhesive material, adhesive agent, adhesive
- usage: a sticky adhesive that is smeared on small branches to capture small birds
- 4. lime, lime tree, Citrus aurantifolia, citrus, citrus tree
- usage: any of various related trees bearing limes
- 5. linden, linden tree, basswood, lime, lime tree, tree
- usage: any of various deciduous trees of the genus Tilia with heart-shaped leaves and drooping cymose clusters of yellowish often fragrant flowers; several yield valuable timber
- 6. lime, citrus, citrus fruit, citrous fruit
- usage: the green acidic fruit of any of various lime trees
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. birdlime, lime, spread, scatter, spread out
- usage: spread birdlime on branches to catch birds
- 2. lime, cover
- usage: cover with lime so as to induce growth; "lime the lawn"
All rights reserved.
See also: lime (Dictionary)