- 1. lightweight, prizefighter, gladiator
- usage: a professional boxer who weighs between 131 and 135 pounds
- 2. whippersnapper, jackanapes, lightweight, cipher, cypher, nobody, nonentity
- usage: someone who is unimportant but cheeky and presumptuous
- 3. lightweight, boxer, pugilist
- usage: an amateur boxer who weighs no more than 132 pounds
- 4. lightweight, wrestler, grappler, matman
- usage: a wrestler who weighs 139-154 pounds
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lightweight, light (vs. heavy)
- usage: weighing relatively little compared with another item or object of similar use; "a lightweight fabric"; "lightweight wood"
- 2. lightweight, unimportant (vs. important)
- usage: having no importance or influence; "a lightweight intellect"
All rights reserved.
See also: lightweight (Dictionary)