WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lightly
- usage: without good reason; "one cannot say such things lightly"
- 2. lightly, light
- usage: with few burdens; "experienced travellers travel light"
- 3. lightly, softly, gently
- usage: with little weight or force; "she kissed him lightly on the forehead"
- 4. lightly
- usage: indulging with temperance; "we eat lightly in the morning"
- 5. lightly
- usage: with indifference or without dejection; "he took it lightly"
- 6. thinly, lightly
- usage: in a small quantity or extent; "spread the margarine thinly over the meat"; "apply paint lightly"
- 7. lightly
- usage: to a slight degree; "her speech is only lightly accented"
All rights reserved.
See also: lightly (Dictionary)