Synonyms of lighting
- 1. light, lighting, illumination
- usage: having abundant light or illumination; "they played as long as it was light"; "as long as the lighting was good"
- 2. lighting, apparatus, setup
- usage: apparatus for supplying artificial light effects for the stage or a film
- 3. lighting, interior decoration, interior design
- usage: the craft of providing artificial light; "an interior decorator must understand lighting"
- 4. ignition, firing, lighting, kindling, inflammation, burning, combustion
- usage: the act of setting something on fire
- 1. light, illume, illumine, light up, illuminate, lighten, lighten up
- usage: make lighter or brighter; "This lamp lightens the room a bit"
- 2. light up, fire up, light, ignite, light
- usage: begin to smoke; "After the meal, some of the diners lit up"
- 3. alight, light, perch, land, set down
- usage: to come to rest, settle; "Misfortune lighted upon him"
- 4. ignite, light, burn, combust
- usage: cause to start burning; subject to fire or great heat; "Great heat can ignite almost any dry matter"; "Light a cigarette"
- 5. fall, light, fall, return, pass, devolve
- usage: fall to somebody by assignment or lot; "The task fell to me"; "It fell to me to notify the parents of the victims"
- 6. unhorse, dismount, light, get off, get down, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: alight from (a horse)
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of lighting (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.