WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ligature, phrase, musical phrase
- usage: (music) a group of notes connected by a slur
- 2. ligature, character, grapheme, graphic symbol
- usage: character consisting of two or more letters combined into one
- 3. ligature, band
- usage: a metal band used to attach a reed to the mouthpiece of a clarinet or saxophone
- 4. ligature, thread, yarn
- usage: thread used by surgeons to bind a vessel (as to constrict the flow of blood)
- 5. binder, ligature, ligament
- usage: something used to tie or bind
- 6. tying, ligature, fastening, attachment
- usage: the act of tying or binding things together
All rights reserved.
See also: ligature (Dictionary)