Synonyms of lifted
- 1. raise, lift, elevate, get up, bring up, move, displace
- usage: raise from a lower to a higher position; "Raise your hands"; "Lift a load"
- 2. lift, move, displace
- usage: take hold of something and move it to a different location; "lift the box onto the table"
- 3. lift, raise, move, displace
- usage: move upwards; "lift one's eyes"
- 4. rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move upward; "The fog lifted"; "The smoke arose from the forest fire"; "The mist uprose from the meadows"
- 5. lift, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: make audible; "He lifted a war whoop"
- 6. revoke, annul, lift, countermand, reverse, repeal, overturn, rescind, vacate, cancel, strike down
- usage: cancel officially; "He revoked the ban on smoking"; "lift an embargo"; "vacate a death sentence"
- 7. pilfer, cabbage, purloin, pinch, abstract, snarf, swipe, hook, sneak, filch, nobble, lift, steal
- usage: make off with belongings of others
- 8. hoist, lift, wind, raise, lift, elevate, get up, bring up
- usage: raise or haul up with or as if with mechanical help; "hoist the bicycle onto the roof of the car"
- 9. raise, lift, better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: invigorate or heighten; "lift my spirits"; "lift his ego"
- 10. lift, raise, elevate, change, alter, modify
- usage: raise in rank or condition; "The new law lifted many people from poverty"
- 11. lift, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: take off or away by decreasing; "lift the pressure"
- 12. rise, lift, rear, look, appear, seem
- usage: rise up; "The building rose before them"
- 13. lift, liquidate, pay off
- usage: pay off (a mortgage)
- 14. plagiarize, plagiarise, lift, steal
- usage: take without referencing from someone else's writing or speech; of intellectual property
- 15. rustle, lift, steal
- usage: take illegally; "rustle cattle"
- 16. airlift, lift, fly
- usage: fly people or goods to or from places not accessible by other means; "Food is airlifted into Bosnia"
- 17. lift, dig, dig out
- usage: take (root crops) out of the ground; "lift potatoes"
- 18. lift, call, send for
- usage: call to stop the hunt or to retire, as of hunting dogs
- 19. lift, heave, buckle, warp
- usage: rise upward, as from pressure or moisture; "The floor is lifting slowly"
- 20. lift, raise, end, terminate
- usage: put an end to; "lift a ban"; "raise a siege"
- 21. lift, scalp
- usage: remove (hair) by scalping
- 22. lift, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove from a seedbed or from a nursery; "lift the tulip bulbs"
- 23. lift, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove from a surface; "the detective carefully lifted some fingerprints from the table"
- 24. face-lift, lift, operate on, operate
- usage: perform cosmetic surgery on someone's face
- 1. upraised, lifted, raised (vs. lowered)
- usage: held up in the air; "stood with arms upraised"; "her upraised flag"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.