WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. line of life, life line, lifeline, wrinkle, furrow, crease, crinkle, seam, line
- usage: a crease on the palm; its length is said by palmists to indicate how long you will live
- 2. lifeline, support
- usage: support that enables people to survive or to continue doing something (often by providing an essential connection); "the airlift provided a lifeline for Berlin"; "she offered me a lifeline in my time of grief"
- 3. lifeline, line
- usage: line that raises or lowers a deep-sea diver
- 4. lifeline, line
- usage: line thrown from a vessel that people can cling to in order to save themselves from drowning
All rights reserved.
See also: lifeline (Dictionary)