Synonyms of lieutenant
- 1. lieutenant, commissioned military officer
- usage: a commissioned military officer
- 2. lieutenant, police lieutenant, lawman, law officer, peace officer
- usage: an officer in a police force
- 3. deputy, lieutenant, assistant, helper, help, supporter
- usage: an assistant with power to act when his superior is absent
- 4. lieutenant, commissioned naval officer
- usage: an officer holding a commissioned rank in the United States Navy or the United States Coast Guard; below lieutenant commander and above lieutenant junior grade
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of lieutenant (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.