- 1. libel, defamation, calumny, calumniation, obloquy, traducement, hatchet job
- usage: a false and malicious publication printed for the purpose of defaming a living person
- 2. libel, complaint
- usage: the written statement of a plaintiff explaining the cause of action (the defamation) and any relief he seeks
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. libel, defame, slander, smirch, asperse, denigrate, calumniate, smear, sully, besmirch
- usage: print slanderous statements against; "The newspaper was accused of libeling him"
All rights reserved.
See also: libel (Dictionary)