WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. apt(predicate), liable(predicate), likely (vs. unlikely)
- usage: at risk of or subject to experiencing something usually unpleasant; "he is apt to lose"; "she is liable to forget"
- 2. liable(predicate), nonexempt (vs. exempt)
- usage: subject to legal action; "liable to criminal charges"
- 3. liable(predicate), nonimmune, nonresistant, unresistant, susceptible (vs. unsusceptible)
- usage: (often followed by `to') likely to be affected with; "liable to diabetes"
- 4. liable, responsible (vs. irresponsible)
- usage: held legally responsible; "men between the ages of 18 and 35 were liable for military service"
All rights reserved.
See also: liable (Dictionary)