Synonyms of letting
- 1. lease, rental, letting, property, belongings, holding
- usage: property that is leased or rented out or let
- 1. let, allow, permit
- usage: make it possible through a specific action or lack of action for something to happen; "This permits the water to rush in"; "This sealed door won't allow the water come into the basement"; "This will permit the rain to run off"
- 2. let, induce, stimulate, cause, have, get, make
- usage: actively cause something to happen; "I let it be known that I was not interested"
- 3. permit, allow, let, countenance, accept, consent, go for
- usage: consent to, give permission; "She permitted her son to visit her estranged husband"; "I won't let the police search her basement"; "I cannot allow you to see your exam"
- 4. get, let, have, make, get
- usage: cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition; "He got his squad on the ball"; "This let me in for a big surprise"; "He got a girl into trouble"
- 5. let, leave, leave alone, leave behind
- usage: leave unchanged; "let it be"
- 6. lease, let, rent, give
- usage: grant use or occupation of under a term of contract; "I am leasing my country estate to some foreigners"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.