- 1. Lashkar-e-Taiba, Lashkar-e-Toiba, Lashkar-e-Tayyiba, LET, Army of the Pure, Army of the Righteous
- usage: a brutal terrorist group active in Kashmir; fights against India with the goal of restoring Islamic rule of India; "Lashkar-e-Toiba has committed mass murders of civilian Hindus"
- 2. let, net ball, serve, service
- usage: a serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court; the ball must be served again
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. let, allow, permit
- usage: make it possible through a specific action or lack of action for something to happen; "This permits the water to rush in"; "This sealed door won't allow the water come into the basement"; "This will permit the rain to run off"
- 2. let, induce, stimulate, cause, have, get, make
- usage: actively cause something to happen; "I let it be known that I was not interested"
- 3. permit, allow, let, countenance, accept, consent, go for
- usage: consent to, give permission; "She permitted her son to visit her estranged husband"; "I won't let the police search her basement"; "I cannot allow you to see your exam"
- 4. get, let, have, make, get
- usage: cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition; "He got his squad on the ball"; "This let me in for a big surprise"; "He got a girl into trouble"
- 5. let, leave, leave alone, leave behind
- usage: leave unchanged; "let it be"
- 6. lease, let, rent, give
- usage: grant use or occupation of under a term of contract; "I am leasing my country estate to some foreigners"
All rights reserved.
See also: let (Dictionary)