WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. decrease, diminish, lessen, fall, change magnitude
- usage: decrease in size, extent, or range; "The amount of homework decreased towards the end of the semester"; "The cabin pressure fell dramatically"; "her weight fell to under a hundred pounds"; "his voice fell to a whisper"
- 2. decrease, lessen, minify, change, alter, modify
- usage: make smaller; "He decreased his staff"
- 3. subside, lessen, weaken
- usage: wear off or die down; "The pain subsided"
All rights reserved.
See also: lessen (Dictionary)