WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lens, lense, lens system, optical device
- usage: a transparent optical device used to converge or diverge transmitted light and to form images
- 2. Lens, genus Lens, rosid dicot genus
- usage: genus of small erect or climbing herbs with pinnate leaves and small inconspicuous white flowers and small flattened pods: lentils
- 3. lens, channel, communication channel, line
- usage: (metaphor) a channel through which something can be seen or understood; "the writer is the lens through which history can be seen"
- 4. lens, crystalline lens, lens of the eye, organ
- usage: biconvex transparent body situated behind the iris in the eye; its role (along with the cornea) is to focuses light on the retina
- 5. lens, electron lens, electronic equipment
- usage: electronic equipment that uses a magnetic or electric field in order to focus a beam of electrons
All rights reserved.
See also: lens (Dictionary)