WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lenience, leniency, mildness, lenity, mercifulness, mercy
- usage: mercifulness as a consequence of being lenient or tolerant
- 2. indulgence, lenience, leniency, permissiveness, tolerance
- usage: a disposition to yield to the wishes of someone; "too much indulgence spoils a child"
- 3. lenience, leniency, tolerance
- usage: lightening a penalty or excusing from a chore by judges or parents or teachers
All rights reserved.
See also: leniency (Dictionary)