WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. length, fundamental quantity, fundamental measure, physical property, dimension
- usage: the linear extent in space from one end to the other; the longest dimension of something that is fixed in place; "the length of the table was 5 feet"
- 2. duration, length, temporal property
- usage: continuance in time; "the ceremony was of short duration"; "he complained about the length of time required"
- 3. length, extent
- usage: the property of being the extent of something from beginning to end; "the editor limited the length of my article to 500 words"
- 4. distance, length, size
- usage: size of the gap between two places; "the distance from New York to Chicago"; "he determined the length of the shortest line segment joining the two points"
- 5. length, section, segment
- usage: a section of something that is long and narrow; "a length of timber"; "a length of tubing"
All rights reserved.
See also: length (Dictionary)