WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. legume, leguminous plant, herb, herbaceous plant, climber
- usage: an erect or climbing bean or pea plant of the family Leguminosae
- 2. legume, pod, seedpod
- usage: the fruit or seed of any of various bean or pea plants consisting of a case that splits along both sides when ripe and having the seeds attach to one side of the case
- 3. legume, vegetable, veggie, veg
- usage: the seedpod of a leguminous plant (such as peas or beans or lentils)
All rights reserved.
See also: legume (Dictionary)