- 1. legalize, legalise, decriminalize, decriminalise, legitimize, legitimise, legitimate, legitimatize, legitimatise, permit, allow, let, countenance
- usage: make legal; "Marijuana should be legalized"
- 2. legitimate, justify, vindicate
- usage: show or affirm to be just and legitimate
- 3. legitimate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make (an illegitimate child) legitimate; declare the legitimacy of (someone); "They legitimized their natural child"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. legitimate (vs. illegitimate), lawfully-begotten, morganatic, left-handed, true(prenominal), lawful, rightful(prenominal), authorized#1, authorised, legal, valid
- usage: of marriages and offspring; recognized as lawful
- 2. legitimate, logical, valid (vs. invalid)
- usage: based on known statements or events or conditions; "rain was a logical expectation, given the time of year"
- 3. legitimate, established (vs. unestablished), constituted
- usage: in accordance with recognized or accepted standards or principles; "legitimate advertising practices"
- 4. lawful, legitimate, licit, legal (vs. illegal)
- usage: authorized, sanctioned by, or in accordance with law; "a legitimate government"
All rights reserved.
See also: legitimate (Dictionary)