WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. legal (vs. illegal), court-ordered, judicial, jural, juristic, lawful, legitimate, licit, ratified, sanctioned, statutory, sub judice, lawful, legitimate
- usage: established by or founded upon law or official or accepted rules
- 2. legal
- usage: of or relating to jurisprudence; "legal loophole"
- 3. legal, sound, effectual, valid (vs. invalid)
- usage: having legal efficacy or force; "a sound title to the property"
- 4. legal
- usage: relating to or characteristic of the profession of law; "the legal profession"
- 5. legal, eligible (vs. ineligible)
- usage: allowed by official rules; "a legal pass receiver"
All rights reserved.
See also: legal (Dictionary)