WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. leg, limb
- usage: a human limb; commonly used to refer to a whole limb but technically only the part of the limb between the knee and ankle
- 2. leg, limb
- usage: a structure in animals that is similar to a human leg and used for locomotion
- 3. leg, support
- usage: one of the supports for a piece of furniture
- 4. branch, leg, ramification, subfigure
- usage: a part of a forked or branching shape; "he broke off one of the branches"
- 5. leg, cut, cut of meat
- usage: the limb of an animal used for food
- 6. peg, wooden leg, leg, pegleg, prosthesis, prosthetic device
- usage: a prosthesis that replaces a missing leg
- 7. leg, cloth covering
- usage: a cloth covering consisting of the part of a pair of trousers that covers a person's leg
- 8. leg, distance, length
- usage: (nautical) the distance traveled by a sailing vessel on a single tack
- 9. stage, leg, travel, traveling, travelling
- usage: a section or portion of a journey or course; "then we embarked on the second stage of our Caribbean cruise"
All rights reserved.
See also: leg (Dictionary)