- 1. leech, bloodsucker, hirudinean, annelid, annelid worm, segmented worm
- usage: carnivorous or bloodsucking aquatic or terrestrial worms typically having a sucker at each end
- 2. leech, parasite, sponge, sponger, follower
- usage: a follower who hangs around a host (without benefit to the host) in hope of gain or advantage
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bleed, leech, phlebotomize, phlebotomise, treat, care for
- usage: draw blood; "In the old days, doctors routinely bled patients as part of the treatment"
All rights reserved.
See also: leech (Dictionary)