WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Leakey, Richard Leakey, Richard Erskine Leakey
- usage: English paleontologist (son of Louis Leakey and Mary Leakey) who continued the work of his parents; he was appointed director of a wildlife preserve in Kenya but resigned under political pressure (born in 1944)
- 2. Leakey, Mary Leakey, Mary Douglas Leakey
- usage: English paleontologist (the wife of Louis Leakey) who discovered the Zinjanthropus skull that was 1,750,000 years old (1913-1996)
- 3. Leakey, Louis Leakey, Louis Seymour Bazett Leakey
- usage: English paleontologist whose account of fossil discoveries in Tanzania changed theories of human evolution (1903-1972)
All rights reserved.
See also: leakey (Dictionary)