- 1. flick, flip, thumb, riffle, leaf, riff, peruse
- usage: look through a book or other written material; "He thumbed through the report"; "She leafed through the volume"
- 2. leaf, turn, turn over
- usage: turn over pages; "leaf through a book"; "leaf a manuscript"
- 3. leaf, grow, develop, produce, get, acquire
- usage: produce leaves, of plants
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. leafed, leaved, leafy (vs. leafless)
- usage: having leaves or leaves as specified; often used in combination; "a fully leafed tree"; "broad-leafed"; "four-leaved clover"
All rights reserved.
See also: leafed (Dictionary)