- 1. leaf, leafage, foliage, plant organ
- usage: the main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants
- 2. leaf, folio, sheet, piece of paper, sheet of paper
- usage: a sheet of any written or printed material (especially in a manuscript or book)
- 3. leaf, section, segment
- usage: hinged or detachable flat section (as of a table or door)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flick, flip, thumb, riffle, leaf, riff, peruse
- usage: look through a book or other written material; "He thumbed through the report"; "She leafed through the volume"
- 2. leaf, turn, turn over
- usage: turn over pages; "leaf through a book"; "leaf a manuscript"
- 3. leaf, grow, develop, produce, get, acquire
- usage: produce leaves, of plants
All rights reserved.
See also: leaf (Dictionary)