Synonyms of laying
- 1. laying, egg laying, parturition, birth, giving birth, birthing
- usage: the production of eggs (especially in birds)
- 1. put, set, place, pose, position, lay, move, displace
- usage: put into a certain place or abstract location; "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"
- 2. lay, put down, repose, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: put in a horizontal position; "lay the books on the table"; "lay the patient carefully onto the bed"
- 3. lay, organize, organise, prepare, devise, get up, machinate
- usage: prepare or position for action or operation; "lay a fire"; "lay the foundation for a new health care plan"
- 4. lay, lay, put down, repose
- usage: lay eggs; "This hen doesn't lay"
- 5. lay, levy, impose
- usage: impose as a duty, burden, or punishment; "lay a responsibility on someone"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.