Synonyms of layer
- 1. layer, bed, artifact, artefact
- usage: single thickness of usually some homogeneous substance; "slices of hard-boiled egg on a bed of spinach"
- 2. layer, region, part
- usage: a relatively thin sheetlike expanse or region lying over or under another
- 3. level, layer, stratum, place
- usage: an abstract place usually conceived as having depth; "a good actor communicates on several levels"; "a simile has at least two layers of meaning"; "the mind functions on many strata simultaneously"
- 4. layer, hen, biddy
- usage: a hen that lays eggs
- 5. layer, structure, anatomical structure, complex body part, bodily structure, body structure
- usage: thin structure composed of a single thickness of cells
- 1. layer, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: make or form a layer; "layer the different colored sands"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of layer (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.