WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lax, slack, negligent (vs. diligent)
- usage: lacking in rigor or strictness; "such lax and slipshod ways are no longer acceptable"; "lax in attending classes"; "slack in maintaining discipline"
- 2. lax (vs. tense)
- usage: pronounced with muscles of the tongue and jaw relatively relaxed (e.g., the vowel sound in `bet')
- 3. lax (vs. tense), drooping, droopy, sagging, limp, floppy, loose, slack, loose-jointed, tensionless, loose
- usage: lacking in strength or firmness or resilience; "a lax rope"; "a limp handshake"
- 4. lax, loose, unconstipated (vs. constipated), regular
- usage: emptying easily or excessively; "loose bowels"
All rights reserved.
See also: lax (Dictionary)