WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Laver, Rod Laver, Rodney George Laver
- usage: Australian tennis player who in 1962 was the second man to win the Australian and French and English and United States singles titles in the same year; in 1969 he repeated this feat (born in 1938)
- 2. laver, basin
- usage: (Old Testament) large basin used by a priest in an ancient Jewish temple to perform ritual ablutions
- 3. red laver, laver, red algae
- usage: edible red seaweeds
- 4. sea lettuce, laver, green algae, chlorophyte
- usage: seaweed with edible translucent crinkly green fronds
All rights reserved.
See also: laver (Dictionary)